We’re looking for a first-class communicator to join us as an account director. The ideal candidate will have at least seven years’ experience in marketing (preferably in an agency environment). An inspiring people manager, you will bring advanced writing skills and the creativity and insights needed to respond to diverse client briefs. We are passionate about b2b and offer the opportunity to join the senior team in an ambitious, award-winning global agency.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a short summary (100 words) of what you could offer BDB to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Director – Job description
This person will have a minimum of seven years’ experience of marketing, of which at least three in a management position, and will have developed the necessary skills to manage a number of accounts and people.
- Specifically direct the resources within your group of accounts to retain the business in the agency / develop the full potential of accounts.
- Oversee programme planning, costs, implementation, and achievement of results for specific accounts.
- Hold regular internal and external client review meetings to evaluate progress on each account, identify most successful activities, identify problems and review overall objectives and strategy.
- Lead account teams to ensure client objectives are met through the development, implementation and review process.
- Lead strategic development of accounts.
- Has overall responsibility for achievement of agreed client programmes.
- Undertake senior client liaison on a regular basis.
- Attend key client meetings; planning / review, plus additional meetings as appropriate to size of account / agenda.
- Handle issues and crisis management on behalf of clients.
- Focus on adding value through evaluation of activities.
- Discuss with Board members when involvement with clients may be required in terms of operations (executive, policy or creative issues) or desirable in the interests of maintaining/improving client relationships
- Coach staff within client account group.
- Be accessible, offer constructive and honest feedback.
- Closely monitor team members to ensure work is of the highest standards and remains totally relevant to clients’ commercial needs.
- Discuss with Managing Director when other resources may be required either from within the agency or through outside specialist or advisers.
- Involvement in reviews of relevant account handlers.
- Bring specific personnel issues to attention of Managing Director, as necessary
- Understand the company business plan and how it will be achieved.
- Play a key role in identifying and developing new business contacts, as directed.
- Play a key role in credentials meetings and pitches generated through marketing or other avenues; as directed.
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of economic and industry issues.
- Build an in-depth knowledge base of clients within team, client publications, industry publications and issues.
- Advanced writing, reporting and presentation skills.
- Advanced understanding of print, photography and design. Demonstrate project management – directly/of team members.
- Use relevant language(s) – both written and spoken – on a regular basis in a business context.
- Travel to attend client meetings/exhibitions as required.
Share this Post