We are on the hunt for a bright and personable account executive. Fluency in German and English is essential and you should have excellent copywriting skills in both languages. The ideal candidate will have at least six months’ relevant work experience and a technical or scientific background is desirable. We offer a structured training programme and the opportunity to work on diverse projects in a dynamic agency environment.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a short summary (100 words) of what you could offer BDB to email@example.com
Account Executive – Job description
To assist account team by developing and demonstrating high standards in marketing essentials:
Account handling skills
- Writing: agendas, contact reports, press releases, technical features.
- Media liaison: develop a good understanding of UK or foreign media (as appropriate) and other media as appropriate to the trainee’s language skills. Research and develop media lists for specific clients/projects. Liaise with selected media and develop contacts.
- Media monitoring: read relevant and specialist publications as appropriate and develop an awareness of opportunities and items of general interest.
- Media evaluation: monitor and track press coverage, present in BDB format, analyse in line with set objectives.
- Client liaison: establish and maintain professional and effective relationship with client(s).
- Supplier negotiation: develop relationship with key suppliers and demonstrate ability to achieve optimum outcome for agency/client.
- Event management: assist in organisation of exhibitions, photocalls and other events.
- Print and design management: develop understanding of print, photography and design terminology.
- Accompany account handlers on client meetings, supplier briefings, photographic shoots, assist at press conferences.
- Develop an awareness of team working, workload planning and meeting deadlines.
- Develop good telephone manner: importance of clear message taking and responding to information requests. Manage press ring-rounds eg exhibitions and product launches.
- Provide administrative support to team as required.
- Use relevant language(s) – both written and spoken – on a regular basis in a business context.
- Travel to attend client meetings/exhibitions as required; amount of travel will depend on client portfolio.
- Develop a good understanding of the role of public relations and the range of techniques available to PR practitioners in the UK and abroad.
- Develop understanding of client business and industry issues.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures to generate best practice.
- Ensure profitable relationship with clients by maintaining service to agreed levels.
- Juggle workload/work across a number of clients effectively.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrate flexibility.
- Support the company culture and positioning.
- Proactively seek and suggest solutions to problems.
- Take joint responsibility for learning and development of self.
- Build sound and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Communicate well to a wide range of people and audiences.
Share this Post