We are on the hunt for a bright and personable account executive. Fluency in English and a second language is desirable as is the ability to write in both languages. The ideal candidate will have at least six months’ relevant work experience and a technical or scientific background is desirable. We offer a structured training programme and the opportunity to work on diverse projects in a dynamic agency environment.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a short summary (100 words) of what you could offer BDB to email@example.com
Account Executive – Job description
To assist account team by developing and demonstrating high standards in marketing essentials:
Account handling skills
- Writing: agendas, contact reports, press releases, technical features.
- Media liaison: develop a good understanding of UK or foreign media (as appropriate) and other media as appropriate to the trainee’s language skills. Research and develop media lists for specific clients/projects. Liaise with selected media and develop contacts.
- Media monitoring: read relevant and specialist publications as appropriate and develop an awareness of opportunities and items of general interest.
- Media evaluation: monitor and track press coverage, present in BDB format, analyse in line with set objectives.
- Client liaison: establish and maintain professional and effective relationship with client(s).
- Supplier negotiation: develop relationship with key suppliers and demonstrate ability to achieve optimum outcome for agency/client.
- Event management: assist in organisation of exhibitions, photocalls and other events.
- Print and design management: develop understanding of print, photography and design terminology.
- Accompany account handlers on client meetings, supplier briefings, photographic shoots, assist at press conferences.
- Develop an awareness of team working, workload planning and meeting deadlines.
- Develop good telephone manner: importance of clear message taking and responding to information requests. Manage press ring-rounds eg exhibitions and product launches.
- Provide administrative support to team as required.
- Use relevant language(s) – both written and spoken – on a regular basis in a business context.
- Travel to attend client meetings/exhibitions as required; amount of travel will depend on client portfolio.
- Develop a good understanding of the role of public relations and the range of techniques available to PR practitioners in the UK and abroad.
- Develop understanding of client business and industry issues.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures to generate best practice.
- Ensure profitable relationship with clients by maintaining service to agreed levels.
- Juggle workload/work across a number of clients effectively.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrate flexibility.
- Support the company culture and positioning.
- Proactively seek and suggest solutions to problems.
- Take joint responsibility for learning and development of self.
- Build sound and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Communicate well to a wide range of people and audiences.
Share this Post