The One Show
Preparing for an audience with five million
Work with Synergy Flavours to prepare for filming a segment to be shown on the BBC’s flagship early evening programme, The One Show.
Capitalising on her Great British Bake Off win Nadiya Hussain was asked to present a segment for The One Show examining vanilla essence which was the base of her signature cream soda cheesecakes. Working with Synergy Flavours over a ten-year period, BDB has successfully positioned the flavour company as the “go-to” experts in flavours, extracts and essences, in particular vanilla. After conducting research into Synergy Flavours, the BBC production team approached the company to ask if it would be willing to explain the science and technology behind the production of Vanilla extract and flavours.
BDB provided full media training for the Innovation Director and the Senior Flavourist at Synergy Flavours and on-hand support on the day. This included:
- On camera media training
- Interview techniques
- Soundbite practice
- Key message development workshop
- Brand implementation on camera
- On-site support on day of filming
- Synergy Flavours’ segment lasted 5 minutes and had an audience of 5 million across the UK
- The in-depth segment filmed the laboratories at Synergy Flavours’ UK site where the vanilla extract is harvested, highlighting the expertise, innovation and technology at the company, as well as a section filmed in the applications laboratory where Nadiya was able to test different varieties of vanilla
- Synergy Flavours’ spokespeople gave a detailed overview of the history and provenance of vanilla, showcasing the expertise and heritage at the firm, including the lengthy fractionation process
- Additional coverage secured post-segment airing in local and regional publications