Manufacturing excellence in tungsten
Manufactured by M&I Materials, the Wolfmet brand has more than 40 years’ heritage in tungsten alloy. With a wealth of knowledge, Wolfmet wanted to highlight its expert advice and excellent customer service. To relaunch the brand, a clear, compelling concept and campaign were needed, that would appeal to its target audience, help it stand out from its competitors and position Wolfmet as a leader in tungsten alloy.
Following a strategic review of the current Wolfmet positioning in the marketplace, it was determined that its customers were looking for a materials expert, rather than an industry/sector expert. They wanted support in maximising competitiveness, performance and safety in their target markets. This insight powered the rebrand and resulting ‘excellence in tungsten’ strapline.
BDB developed a new logo and creative style for Wolfmet that would rejuvenate the brand and refocus on its core markets. The logo represents its values and capabilities by visually creating a connection with the original thinking behind the Wolfmet name – a combination of the chemical element ‘wolfram’ and ‘metal’. This fresh concept then prompted a tactical campaign that would further highlight its expertise. BDB implemented a mix of owned and earned tactics, including:
• A new website platform – to reach new audience groups, improve user experience and maximise data capture
• A brand film
• Campaign content pieces – a white paper for each audience sector
• A PPC social media campaign – sharing content on LinkedIn
The Wolfmet website has been a key tool in the rebrand, achieving impressive results when it went live (February 2017), compared to the same time last year (February 2016):
• 5% increase in number of sessions
• 25% increase in number of pages viewed
• 29% increase in number of pages per session
• 42% increase in length of time spent on a page
• 11% improvement in bounce rate
• 246 product brochure downloads in February 2017
• 160% increase in form submissions